Saturday, August 11, 2007

Saturday August 11, 2007 Medical Exam & Visa Pictures

I woke up this morning about 5:30 & thought I would get a shower before Lexi woke up so I shower by myself for a change.  Well, Lexi woke up just as I was getting off of the bed so I sat there a few minutes to see what she would do, mind you any other time she would look at Dave and start shrieking and trembling all over.  This morning she sat up on the bed and just kind of looked at Dave and then me finally crawled over by Dave and laid down, I went and made her a bottle and she laid there while I took a shower and drank her bottle laying next to Dave.  She was content to do that until I got out of the shower.  A major 1st!!!

We got all ready for breakfast and then gave Rachelle a call, while we were talking to her Katy laid down on the bed and went back to sleep, so Dave & I took turns going to breakfast.  Katy slept until about 11 am but seems much better now.

Dave stayed in the room with Katy and I took Lexi to have her visa picture taken.  Lexi did not cry at all until I took her out of the sling to set her in the chair for her visa picture.  Then she screamed.  So the picture has her screaming, they tried for quite awhile but could not get her to even just not scream so we gave up.  From there we went for the medical exam, she was quiet until they tried to get her to stand on this scale, it did not happen.  I had to stand on it with her and then without her to get her weight.  They say she weighs 10.5 kg and is 81 cm tall.  It will be interesting to see what they say when we get her home.  The other babies were 9 kg and 10.5 and she is way skinnier than either one of them.  She did not like the medical exam part or the ear, nose and throat doctor, but she quit crying as soon as they were done which was a marked improvement.  The most amusing part was in the middle of the medical exam area was this sign that said quiet, but it was so noisy it was almost comical to see the sign!


No comments: