Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Lexi in Recovery

At Children's they do not usually allow parents in the recovery room. I asked everyone possible to let me go to Lexi as soon as she started to wake up since she has severe stranger anxiety and I did not want her to wake up and think we had abandoned her. The best answer I could get is we will take it into consideration. About 30 minutes after she went to recovery they paged me and asked me to come back as they could not calm her. They would not let me pick her up for 15 minutes she calmed down some with me just talking to her but her heart was in the 170's to 180's and her respiratory rate in the 40's.

As soon as they let me pick her up and hold her, her heart rate dropped to the 130's and her resp rate to the low 20's. The recovery room nurse made the comment that she was muuuuch calmer with her mommy there! Dugh, what did they expect?!

No comments: